[Freeswitch-users] Need Less CPU Intensive Way to Detect Voicemail and Answering Machines

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Mon Jan 9 20:57:12 MSK 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:

> That wikified somewhere?
> And how do you handle someone picking up? wait for silence?

No, just random knowledge flying around between my ears. Also, I was making
assumptions - if the SIT tone was detected in early media then I assumed it
was a traditional SIT; if the SIT tone was detected after the b leg
answered then I assumed it was some sort of answering machine or voicemail.
It was never meant to be scientific - I was just experimenting with voice
broadcasting in the very early days of FreeSWITCH and OpenZAP.

-MC