[Freeswitch-users] Max calls Limit?

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Sun Jan 8 00:18:42 MSK 2012

This is also adjustable from the FS CLI via the fsctl max_sessions ###
command... Replace ### with the max number of sessions you want.

Note this is MAX Sessions, not max calls... So if you are doing 2 legged
calls, the number of calls you can do is effective 1/2 that setting since
each call leg is a session.

Setting it from the CLI is not kept across restarts of freeswitch for that
see switch.xml

This setting should be set at a sane level for your particular hardware as
yes it does keep freeswitch starving the server of memory and causes FS to
start failing calls at that point.

The similar setting max_sps is for max sessions per second and this is again
to keep you from melting down your hardware. The current setting is
sufficient for 99% of installs however if you are doing something out of the
norm ie: high volume calling you may need to adjust it up