[Freeswitch-users] Flite speed and pitch increase after update.

Brandon McGinty brandon.mcginty at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 01:07:32 MSK 2012

Hi everyone.
We upgraded Freeswitch on the 30th of December, using the git branch
revision from the 28th of December. However, while the conference
features improved, the flite package has had its pitch and rate
increased for all tts speech. We are using the mod_tts module in our
conferences, and it now sounds extrordinarily sped up and pitched up,
similar to what one would consider a chipmunk sound.
I've gone through the mod_tts sources, the flite sources, the modules
directory, the autoload_modules directory, the configs for the
conference and flite, and I can't find anywhere how to change the pitch
and rate of the synthesizer. I've tried tts-rate and tts-pitch, etc, to
no affect. I've also tried google, and noone else seems to be dealing
with this strangeness.
We are all using soft-phones or pots to sip devices, so the speech
output is quite important.
Any help you all can provide would be truly be appreciated.

Brandon McGinty-Carroll