[Freeswitch-users] Raspberry Pi & ISDN

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 4 20:23:57 MSK 2012

On 04-01-12 15:19, lists.freeswitch.org at sjau.ch wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Soon the Raspberry Pis will be available and I'm planning to buy a
> bunch of them. I think with a 4GB SD Card, ethernet port and 2x USB
> port it should be fine.
>
> However in one office that I plan on setting up FS is still ISDN being
> used. There are no plans on changing to VoIP however having an
> internal FS system would be nice.
>
> My question is, how can I hookup the Raspberry Pi to the ISDN lines. I
> guess I'd need some USB<->ISDN Adapter. The only thing I could find
> this far were USB ISDN modems. But modems are for data transmission
> and not voice - at least that's what I think.
>
> So, any of you have suggestions how I can hook up the Raspberry Pi to

How about a beroNet gateway?
http://www.beronet.com/product/berofix-gateways/

You did not mention if the office uses BRI or PRI lines. There used to
be cheap USB HFC chipset based ISDN BRI (not PRI) Terminal Adapters
(e.g. Billion tinyUSB ISDN TA 128k) but they don't seem available
anymore. Afaik FreeSWITCH does not support them (a HFC BRI/PRI module
would be cool) but they should work with the latest dahdi+zaphfc
patch/libpri/asterisk or mISDN/lcr/asterisk. Thinking of it maybe you
could make lcr talk to FreeSWITCH but I never investigated that.

Regards,
Patrick