[Freeswitch-users] A New Config Set aimed for New People to FreeSWITCH

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Wed Jan 4 16:45:31 MSK 2012

1) Breaking up the default dialplan into the pieces make it easier to get a
handle on.
I wonder if you should just include all the others as a .noload in a folder
named "advanced" or something.

2) I don't see any CDR modules in the autoload configs. cdr_csv for basic
and/or xml_cdr to store the calls with all the variables. It's particularly
helpful for when you don't know the variables that you can just go and see
all that are there, even after the call.

3) I wrote up a little bit about the regex for the incoming extension
(first actual dialplan they might see?)..
https://github.com/avimar/Freeswitch_slim_conf/commit/91c49d7cf31f3c9a569b0258726d8b6511e468fb
Not sure it's worth including, though.

4) Q: Why do your's and the default configs have:
<action application="bridge" data="loopback/app=voicemail:default
${domain_name} $1"/>

Wouldn't this work just as well without the added loopback channel? Why
isn't this the standard?
<action application="voicemail" data="default ${domain_name} $1"/>

-Avi Marcus