[Freeswitch-users] MP3 playback sounds bad in Chrome, encoding issue?

Eli Finkelman eli at teltechcorp.com
Tue Jan 3 17:16:07 MSK 2012

Hi There,

Whenever we playback an MP3 recording using the native Chrome MP3 player,
it sounds really horrible, it jumps and crackles. When listening to it in
Firefox/Safari it sounds just fine. Could there be an issue with the way FS
is encoding the files? Is this just an issue with Chrome?

We're using the native record_session method to record the MP3.

switch_event.c:1521 Parsing variable [execute_on_answer]=[record_session
/tmp/recordings/RE91fec223f65143e2aa5246b1f3a071a8.mp3]

Here's a sample of what the audio sounds like, try playing this in Chrome
in Firefox

http://recordings.telapi.com/RB1cd90a0383114455830be5755c1891e6/RE91fec223f65143e2aa5246b1f3a071a8.mp3

Best Regards
Eli