[Freeswitch-users] removing caller_id_name

François Delawarde fdelawarde at wirelessmundi.com
Wed Feb 29 17:59:11 MSK 2012

Hi list,

I'd like to be able to remove the caller_id_name when sending a call to
my Grandstream HT503, because it makes it hard for me to manage in my
analog phone directory.

It can be changed easily using "effective_caller_id_name", but setting
it to empty string doesn't work.

Apparently, setting "effective_caller_id_name" to "_undef_" could be an
option, but it only removes it in the "From" field, and not from the PAI
or RPID headers. My current workaround is to do that and set
sip_cid_type to none, so the Grandstream fetches the CID in the From
header.

Is there any other way to set it to empty string that I might have
missed?

Thanks,
François.