[Freeswitch-users] Woomera

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 00:29:29 MSK 2012

It does require using a different stack and there is no charge for it.
you just can use FreeTDM by itself and configure it with the new SS7
functionality.

If you really want to keep mgd, you can use FreeTDM with the boost
protocol (not really supported or current but out there) so FS would
take the place of the boost.

There really does not seem to be any progress with Woomera these days
as the author is busy with other things the one you see in diastar is
the only one with active development.

I would heavily recommend trying the new FreeTDM stuff if you want to
achieve your goal.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Cliff Wells <cliff at develix.com> wrote:
> Anyone?
>
> On Wed, 2012-02-22 at 13:23 -0800, Cliff Wells wrote:
>> I've been trying to discover a way to use woomera from FreeSWITCH.  The
>> information is sketchy at best.
>>
>> Currently we have a setup like the following:
>>
>> sangoma_mgd <-> woomera <-> asterisk <-> sip <-> FreeSWITCH
>>
>> I'd like to remove Asterisk from the equation, since basically all it
>> does is act as a bridge (and consumes additional resources).
>>
>> I've tried mod_woomera that is available from the Project DiaStar, but
>> it only worked partially (it seems to only support connecting to a
>> single woomera server, and we will have many).
>>
>> I have also read in old (circa 2008) emails that mod_opal would one day
>> lead to a new mod_woomera or perhaps support woomera directly, but
>> haven't found much additional information.
>>
>> Is there any existing solution that I can apply to this problem?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Cliff

>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com