[Freeswitch-users] IVR Architecture

Anita Hall anita.hall at simmortel.com
Fri Feb 24 10:18:22 MSK 2012

Hi

We are considering writing our own module for processing IVR in C. We are
considering using mod_event_socket and then modify it to consume and
produce the events internally instead of passing them to the socket. Is
this a good idea?

I know FreeSWITCH already has a mod_dialplan_xml which can use mod_curl to
communicate to the outside world for I/O and DB access. But ...

1) Does XML have all the power flexibility that will be needed for powerful
IVR applications?

2) Does mod_dialplan_xml use a separate thread for each IVR execution ?
What will be the overhead of interpreting the XML ?

3) Any more ideas ?

Thanks :)

regards,
Anita