[Freeswitch-users] Overhead paging

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Thu Feb 23 22:03:52 MSK 2012

Ahhh, no problem. Just wanted to make sure you didn't dismiss it based on perceived (non)function. Price dismissal of course is acceptable. :)

For *very* low cost setups like you're looking for, we've modified Grandstream phones with a phono jack connected to the speakerphone wires inside the chassis. Then, we set the phone to auto-answer either directly, or by header which bridges the audio to the amplifier. Cheap, works well. Keep in mind if you want to try this and have the phone only auto-answer calls with the appropriate header set (Auto-Answer=0, or what have you), the phone needs to be a BT200 or better. The BT1xx series does not support that feature last I checked.

Good luck, have fun!

--Tim