[Freeswitch-users] Woomera

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Thu Feb 23 00:23:31 MSK 2012

I've been trying to discover a way to use woomera from FreeSWITCH.  The
information is sketchy at best.

Currently we have a setup like the following:

sangoma_mgd <-> woomera <-> asterisk <-> sip <-> FreeSWITCH

I'd like to remove Asterisk from the equation, since basically all it
does is act as a bridge (and consumes additional resources).

I've tried mod_woomera that is available from the Project DiaStar, but
it only worked partially (it seems to only support connecting to a
single woomera server, and we will have many).

I have also read in old (circa 2008) emails that mod_opal would one day
lead to a new mod_woomera or perhaps support woomera directly, but
haven't found much additional information.

Is there any existing solution that I can apply to this problem?

Regards,
Cliff