[Freeswitch-users] Where to best get help with freeswitch on gentoo?

Marcus Mülbüsch muelbuesch at as-infodienste.de
Tue Feb 21 17:48:04 MSK 2012

Hello all,

    I make my first steps with freeswitch, and following the guide from
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation:Gentoo I try to get
freeswitch running.

    However, depending on the USE-Flags set, or the FREESWITCH_MODULES
used the compile fails; but I cannot find out why.

    For example, when I try the module "shout", compile fails with

* ERROR: net-misc/freeswitch-9999 failed (compile phase):
*   failed to build FreeSWITCH
*
* Call stack:
*     ebuild.sh, line  85:  Called src_compile
*   environment, line 6473:  Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
*       emake MONO_SHARED_DIR="${T}" || die "failed to build FreeSWITCH";

    Googling around did not really lead me to anything useful. Is gentoo
using the freeswitch ebuild still a (more or less) recommended way to
run freeswitch?

    Can I ask more specific questions here, or somewhere else?

Marcus