[Freeswitch-users] Recommend an IP Phone for use behind NAT

Alan Schmitz aschmitz at silo.lib.ia.us
Mon Feb 20 17:00:16 MSK 2012

I am looking into changing my VOIP server to FreeSwitch.  My current
system uses Polycom SoundPoint IP 335 phones.  It has a public IP and
the FreeSwitch server will too, but several of the phones are behind a
variety of DSL routers that do NAT.  These remote users have reported
intermittent problems with one way audio.

The NAT configuration on the Polycoms allows for a static setting of the
public IP.  I've been told phones that support STUN should be more
reliable.  What IP desk phones work best with FreeSwitch for remote
users behind a NAT router with a dynamic IP?

Thanks,
Alan