[Freeswitch-users] Ringtone on multiple destinations

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Feb 16 00:51:52 MSK 2012

As luck would have it, this exact issue is mentioned in chapter 1 of the
FreeSWITCH Cookbook in the recipe entitled, "Advanced multiple endpoint
routing with enterprise originate." While you click
here<http://link.packtpub.com/nuIOlX>and pre-order your copy ;) I will
give you the synopsis:

You MUST ignore early media when doing an enterprise originate. Therefore,
to get ringback tone you'll need to set the ringback channel variable on
the A leg. Your extension will end up looking something like this:

<action application="set" data="ringback=${us-ring}"/>
<action application="bridge"
data="<ignore_early_media=true>[leg_timeout=0][origination_caller_id_number=30]user/35@
${domain_name}:_:[leg_timeout=0][origination_caller_id_number=30]user/31@
${domain_name}"/>

Note: when doing any kind of multiple endpoint originate, whether using the
enterprise originate or just the comma-separated list of endpoints, it is
99.99% of the time necessary to ignore early media. Why? The answer to that
question is eloquently stated in both chapters 5 and 8 of the first
FreeSWITCH book. Check it
out<http://www.packtpub.com/freeswitch-1-0-6-build-robust-high-performance-telephony-systems/book>.
:)

-MC