[Freeswitch-users] RPMs and Yum repo for EL5 and EL6 based system in beta

Josh mojo1736 at privatedemail.net
Wed Feb 15 18:15:12 MSK 2012

> yeah its pretty complete... still needs some testing... and I still
> want to make a couple more adjustments to it for FHS compliancy..  end
> goal is to use this to get us into EPEL and eventually in to EL7 when
> it rolls out!
Excellent! As my distro is Fedora Core, I would certainly make a few
tweaks to the .spec file to adapt it. I will also cross-compile the
whole thing, so I am bound to hit a few issues, but if this file is
near-enough complete, then that's good enough for me. I've just finished
a long-overdue upgrade of my build environment (have been postponing it
for over a month) and I am ready to roll...

> if you want to look at WIP see my working branch on github at
> http://github.com/swk/fs_test/
Thanks for that - I already have it (you've last updated it 2 days ago
according to the git logs). One of the tweaks I'll do is make the build
a bit more modular. For example, I do not need ODBC/PostgreSQL, so the
ODBC/PostgreSQL-related BuildRequires are not needed, so I'll probably
encapsulate the whole package with %define, %if...%endif block. I'll
also add a separate %define for the FS user and group names (so that
they are configurable - just as a security precaution).

I also notice you are not building h323 due to dependency issues. What
kind of issues?

Also, I take it Source0 is the compressed archive of the current git, is
that so? If that is not the case, are the files listed as
Source1...Source13 necessary if I download directly from git and then
compress that into an archive?

It is important for me to know, because my intention is to check out the
latest git, compress it and use that as the main source for the build,
therefore need to know whether the additional sources
(Source1...Source13) are in fact part of the main git tree.