[Freeswitch-users] Anyone have info on multicast paging FS and Linksys SPA phones

Puskás Zsolt errotan at elder.hu
Sun Feb 12 14:40:55 MSK 2012

Hi.

If you can get an old HUB ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_hub )
you can capture the packets using wireshark between the spa962 and the
spa9000. Then compare the packets between your spa962 and FS box. Put
your call and sip trace from FS to pastebin so we can help to find the
problem. Mail me the pcap file of the working and failed call if you
can't find the differences between them.

I tried with a SPA502G and also can't make it work. I added the route (
ip route add 224.168.168.168 dev eth0:0 src 192.168.1.5 ) but in my case
the interface has 2 IP address and multicast is sent from the main IP (
eth0 ) and not from eth0:0. Maybe this is the problem for me. I try
different config options on the phone to make it work and post results
to the list and wikify them if needed.