[Freeswitch-users] Is OPenVox Gsm Card compatible for FS?

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 21:19:59 MSK 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Michel Daggelinckx <
daggelinckxmichel at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Op 4/02/2012 8:14, Balamurugan Mahendran schreef:
>
> Hi team,
>
>  Can some one please let me know whether gsm card(OpenVox G400P4 QuadBand
> GSM Card) will work on FS, I am trying to route calls to gsm network. I
> saw a driver but they said its compatible only for asterisk. Do we need
> separate driver for this card? is there any other brand/make where I can
> route gsm traffic?
>
>  Thanks,
> Bala
>

>  If the card uses dahdi drivers it will work with fs/freetdm

That is most likely not true. Most (if not all) gsm cards will need to
send/recv AT commands, this is typically done in user space, meaning you
still need some code in FreeTDM to talk to the GSM modules. Sangoma has
been working in the past months in a library for call control using AT
commands for GSM modules called libwat (Wireless AT)

See http://git.sangoma.com/gitweb.cgi?p=wat.git

The integration of this library into FreeTDM already started, I estimate it
will be in a working state by early March. However, the initial support is
only for the "Telit" GSM modules (used in Sangoma W400 GSM card), which I
don't think is the same module OpenVox cards use. Getting to work the
OpenVox card it is probably a matter of writing the proper AT command
plugin into libwat.

*Moises Silva
**Software Engineer, Development Manager***

msilva at sangoma.com

Sangoma Technologies

100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham, ON L3R 9R6 Canada

t.   +1 800 388 2475 (N. America)

t.   +1 905 474 1990 x128

f.   +1 905 474 9223

**<http://www.sangoma.com/contact?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email+signatures>