[Freeswitch-users] Voicemail Password security bug?

Thomas Hoellriegel admin at blindi.net
Wed Feb 1 08:59:12 MSK 2012

Hi guys, i have installed a fresh fs. The git is from today.
After installing Fs, i remove all standard users in:
conf/directory/default
I restart FS:
/etc/init.d/freeswitch restart
I connect my Softphone to fs,
and enter 4000 the voicemail login extension.
After playing the loginprompt i entered:
1000 - 1019
these extensions do not exist anymore.
But the voicemailsystem accept the extensionnumbers and same passwords.
For example:
1000#1000 #
or:
1010#1010 and so on.
I have full access to the removed voicemailboxes.

  I have to manually create these new extensions.
1000 - 1019
And i change the Passwords, the voicemailsystem drops the logins with same
passwords.

thanks.