[Freeswitch-users] Problem with Polycom

Abaci abaci64 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 19:39:36 MSK 2012

We have OpenSIPS in front of FreeSWITCH, phones register to OpenSIPS,
OpenSIPS sends all calls to FreeSWITCH. the way we have it set up is
that both OpenSIPS and FreeSWITCH auth all the invites (we have it like
this for a reason). this setup works fine (with Yealink  at least).

Problem we have is with Polycom phones, the phone registers just fine
but can't make calls. When OpenSIPS gets the INVITE it responds with a
407, to which the Polycom responds, OpenSIPS is then sending the call to
FreeSWITCH which sends a 407 again, OpenSIPS proxies it back to the
polycom, however the Polycom does not respond to the challenge.

I don't think this is a FreeSWITCH problem, I would still like to hear
if anyone has an idea how I can get this working (config option?)

Thanks