[Freeswitch-users] Avoid loopback channels

Jose Fco. Irles Durá josefu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 23:02:03 MSK 2012

Hello everybody,

I want to avoid using loopback channels in freeswitch, but I don't
know the correct way to build some behaviors.

For examle, a click2call (origination) to a "virtual destination":
I have a logic in my dialplan that when somebody dials XXX, it sends
the call through a round robin set of gateways (saving de last gw used
with the "hash/db" app and dialing sequentially from the least used to
most used if one of it fails), what is the freeswitch way for this
without loopback channels?

At this moment, i do this originate:
In the example, first ring in 256987455 (the call goes through
dialplan and fs bridge with diferent gws if some fails) and when it
answers, I transfer the call to the same dialplan with a lua script
(the scripts uses "transfer" app).

The originate data is:

{origination_uuid=uuid,bridge_generate_comfort_noise=true,origination_caller_id_name='12547895',origination_caller_id_number=12547895,effective_caller_id_number=12547895,effective_caller_id_name='12547895'}loopback/256987455/default
&lua('originate.lua uuid 12547895)

I think that with a "calculated" dial-string with the gateways to dial
and with variables "execute_on_XXX" it's a possibily, but it's the
only way?

Another case is dial to one of this "virtual destinations" in a ring
all group or dial to a sip device with call forwarding if no answer
set at the pbx (not at the phone).

Thanks and sorry if i don't write properly.
--
Jose Fco. Irles Durá