[Freeswitch-users] Performance hit originating calls via event socket

Muhammad Naseer Bhatti nbhatti at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 15:27:38 MSK 2012

WIth the latest development head running on a Debian box, I am trying to originate calls using event socket. Not sure why, but not able to generate more than 700 calls at any given time. Roughly around 40 CPS. For the sake of testing and simplicity, I just put the whole originate command multiple times in a text file and looping around it with fs_cli to execute. Dialplan sends the call to a lua script which randomly answers the call run the echo application and terminate with random seconds, something like http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Fakecall_responder

CPU remains low all the time. Looks like the opening and closing of ports to esl is the reason slowing originate rate?  I have tried from 8 to 24 CPU cores but the behavior remains the same. FS-4962 opened already in case we want to proceed from there.

Thanks,
--
Muhammad Naseer Bhatti