[Freeswitch-users] MWI-Account - Issues

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Sun Dec 23 03:36:34 MSK 2012

Hi Lloyd,

I am not 100% sure, but I will tell you what I believe is correct.

I think you are misinterpreting what the "MWI-Account" parameter means.
That parameter tells FreeSwitch what MWI info should go with THIS
REGISTRATION (aka phone/line).

If you have

<user id="amirt">

                <variables>

                                . other values

                </variables>

                <params>

<param name="password" value="APasswordHere"/

<param name="MWI-Account" value="eddie at mydomain.com"/>

                </params>

</user>

That means that the MWI on the phone that registers a line with user=amirt
and a matching password will indicating that there are messages on the
eddie at mydomain.com account.  It does not make any changes to eddie's phone.

You said "Now user: amirt phone stop MWI . That is correct." - Wrong, amirt
phone should light up for eddie messages pnly now.

You said "But the user eddie device not Light up for the user : amirt voice
mail notification"

Correct, to do that add an MWI-Account to eddie user.

<user id="eddie">

                <variables>

                                . other values

                </variables>

                <params>

<param name="password" value="APasswordHere"/

<param name="MWI-Account" value="amirt at mydomain.com"/>

                </params>

</user>

THAT will make eddie's phone indicate messages for amirt account.

Hope that helps.