[Freeswitch-users] mod_sofia gateway proxy definition, rtmp voice codec

bratner bratner ratner2 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 16:44:57 MSK 2012

Dear List,

I'm seeking an answer to the following questions:

1. If I define a gateway under a sip profile and I do it with
"outbound-proxy" setting then the INVITE message
to that proxy will also include the proxy in  its RURI. The expected
behavior is that the message will be sent to
to the specified proxy  BUT the RURI will point to the "domain" as defined
in the gateway config.

That behavior is also correct for REGISTER request and this is the way it
actually works if I define "register-proxy".
REGISTER request go to the ip:port of the defined "register-proxy" but the
domain part in RURI will be set to the domain from
gateway configuration or "register-domain".

2. mod_rtmp is hardcoded with SPEEX. So is of course the flex client. Is
there a reason for this?
According to flex docs, PCMU/A are also supported. I also heard that the
module is not really maintained.

Regards,
bratner.