[Freeswitch-users] Jingle updates since 2010 ?

Ali Jawad ali.jawad at splendor.net
Fri Dec 21 15:10:06 MSK 2012

Hi
Sometime in 2010, one of my employers wanted to use an xmpp server with
jingle to be able to make pstn calls through freeswitch by sending the
jingle call to freeswitch and freeswitch does convert to SIP. Anthony did
help me at the time and the conclusion was

Now I have to state the following. I have tried Freeswitch in client mode
using the following two approaches

   1.  With A Gtalk account and a gtalk client, this worked flawlessly
   2. With server XMPP servers and jingle clients all register but FS was
   not able to do Jingle to SIP conversion in this case. *The main reason
   as per FS developer Anthony is that jingle is a point to point protocol and
   FS was tested to work with Gtalk and telepathy. Note here that Freeswith
   does not use libjingle it uses it's own special jingle implementation*
   3. Another Approach I use was the component mode with my XMPP server,
   everything worked right expect jingle to sip conversion !! :(.

From
http://www.alijawad.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=2

Now, I do have a new employer requesting a similar scenario, and I would
love to know if anything has changed since and if the scenario in question
is now possible.

Regards

*

*