[Freeswitch-users] What is "Recovery On Timer Expire"?

Andrew Cassidy andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 02:00:38 MSK 2012

Basically, FreeSWITCH sends occasional re-invites to the remote party to
make sure the call is still valid. If no response is received it will
assume the call has ended and drop the call.
This behavior is completely valid. However, this can also show up potential
NAT/firewall issues, where the NAT mapping is being lost.

I have come across people that deliberately block these re-invites,
who obviously have a fetish for zombie calls clogging up their systems...

On 16 December 2012 21:53, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to clear up my CDRs from errors, if possible... I see a bunch
> of Recovery On Timer Expire and they mostly seem to be after 45 seconds of
> ring time (there is progress).
> Does that basically mean it rang for 40+ seconds before some timer
> somewhere kicked in and ended the call?
> So it's basically a "no answer" or "no user response"?
>
> Thanks,
> -Avi

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

*Andrew Cassidy BSc (Hons) MBCS SSCA*