[Freeswitch-users] Dialplan for FS modems - odd behaviour or am I doing it wrong?

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 23:16:43 MSK 2012

On 11/12/12 20:00, Anthony Minessale wrote:
> Looking again, I'm not sure what the modem/10/a is supposed to be
>
> There is a such thing as modem/a/<number> but
>
> if you are looking to bridge to slot 23 try
>
> modem/23/${destination_number}
>
> if you are getting a different slot maybe you simlinks are messed up,
> you need to make sure they are recreated whenever you restart so maybe
> that patch you are using has an issue.

Hi,

I will try to get full logs to you when I can, possibly tomorrow as I
have a stinking cold today. However I can tell you my symlinks are fine
- and 90% of the time the inbound fax gets to the right modem. Just that
every so often FS seems to send it to the wrong one.

On calls that are coming *in* to a modem device, I don't see how there
even can be a destination number. It's just a modem surely - the
destination is simply a device on which Hylafax is listening. I can
completely understand how when you call out through the virtual modem
you need to supply a number, but on inbound it doesn't make any sense to
me, we're not routing into a SIP endpoint but a virtual device.

Looking at the source code told me to use modem/slot/<something>, but
for inbound calls I don't know what <something> should be.

If I have got something topsy-turvy please enlighten me, I'm quite happy
to be corrected!

Cheers

Alex