[Freeswitch-users] Eavesdrop with bind_digit_action

Lon Baker lon at kickasspixels.com
Fri Aug 31 22:17:05 MSD 2012

Michael - Oops, Valid point.

I've tried numerous techniques and discovered the issue, I think.

bind_digit_action doesn't run inline. Instead it queues the action, which doesn't do anything while the channel is in eavesdrop. The bind_meta_app has the option of running inline using the "i" flag, which appears to function as desired.

The other difference is that I can designate any DTMF combination for bind_digit_action. While bind_meta_app only accepts a metakey + single digit. The desired functionality I'm looking for was to use a single digit without metakey.

Dialplan for bind_digit_action (FAILS):

> <action application="bind_digit_action" data="my_digits,1,exec:execute_extension,pull_from_voicemail XML default"/>
> <action application="digit_action_set_realm" data="my_digits"/>
> <action application="eavesdrop" data="${originating_leg_uuid}"/>

Results:

> RTP RECV DTMF 1:1600
> Digit match binding [exec:execute_extension][pull_from_voicemail XML default]

-------

Dialplan for bind_meta_app (WORKS):

--
Lon