[Freeswitch-users] RedHat 6.X Performance

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Fri Aug 31 07:45:28 MSD 2012

I'm running probably one of the most stripped down FreeSWITCH configs you
can run ... Sofia only, bypass media, with a custom C routing module that
uses libpq directly...

the problem happens at somewhere around 50 to 100 CPS, system % goes thru
the roof, and its not IO.. loglevel 0... etc... now its also worth
mentioning that on 6.2 the number of context switches for similar amounts
of calls on the same physical hardware seems to be double vs something like
cent5 or deb6....

we're currently trying to get people to submit reports from oprofile so we
can isolate the issue... if it were just me, I would chalk it up to
something specific on the installation, but , the number of reporters with
similar observations is something to take notice of...