[Freeswitch-users] how to play a prompt after connection

Dave Horton daveh at beachdognet.com
Thu Aug 30 16:44:02 MSD 2012

I did try that suggestion (api_on_answer uuidbroadcast) and it worked
fine if I played it to the a leg, but when I tried playing to the b leg
the prompt was incredibly choppy and slow, and delayed the cutthru of a
and b legs by a long time.  Interestingly, the prompt doesn't even
start playing to the b party until some RTP is received from b for some
reason, and then it sort of slowly chuffs out the prompt in small
choppy chunks.

I then tried Michael's follow on suggestion of using
bridge_pre_execute_bleg_app, but that didn't work at all -- no prompt
heard.

I then decided to try the outdial as a bridged conference, and then
play a prompt to the conference after the b party picks up.  This may
actually be the best option for me as I need the prompt to be saved in
the recording of the call, and I am guessing when I stream it out on a
bridged call it may not show up in the recording.

However, I had no luck getting a bridged conference outdial to work at
all -- the outdial does work successfully, but a and b parties don't
hear each other so one must not be in the conference.  And then when
the b party hangs up the a party is not automatically hung up, which
should happen in a bridged conference if I understand things correctly.

So, while I am still interested in what is causing the prompt on the
bridge call to sound so bad when played to the b leg, perhaps what is
more important to me now is getting the bridged conference to work.
Here is what I am doing, in case anyone can point out the problem:

session:execute("set","progress_timeout=60") ;
session:execute("set","call_timeout=120") ;
session:setVariable("hangup_after_bridge","true") ;
session:execute("conference","bridge:_uuid_ at simple:sofia/normal_customer/${outdial}@${egress_gateway}")
;
session:setVariable("conference_enter_sound",this_call_is_being_recorded) ;

(I created a conference profile called 'simple' that turns off caller
controls; interestingly, that doesn't seem to be picked up either as
the debug logging shows it attaching the default caller controls)

Dave