[Freeswitch-users] Best way to stream record session?

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at giagnocavo.net
Thu Aug 30 11:03:59 MSD 2012

Hi all,

	I want to record and stream a (bridged) call to a non-channel endpoint. Sorta like mod_spy, but targeting a TCP or UDP connection or even a one-way RTP stream. What's the best way to approach this? What about using normal session record to a file, then "streaming" that file from an external program? Is FS guaranteed to write to the wav file regularly (like every second or so) in a manner that another program can keep reading? Or should I specify a file like "/dev/udp/1.2.3.4/666"?

	End goal is to have a separate machine that can provide a service like Internet radio and have it tap into live calls.

Cheers,
Michael