[Freeswitch-users] Doubts about T38 passthru

François Delawarde fdelawarde at wirelessmundi.com
Wed Aug 29 12:46:28 MSD 2012

Hi,

Whenever my provider puts me on hold, it reINVITES with an SDP
containing both audio (sendonly) and image media like so:

m=audio 5320 RTP/AVP 18 3 8 0 96
c=IN IP4 <ip_address>
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
a=rtpmap:3 GSM/8000
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=sendonly
a=rtpmap:96 telephone-event/8000
m=image 5322 udptl t38
c=IN IP4 <ip_address>
a=T38FaxVersion:0
a=T38MaxBitRate:14400
a=T38FaxUdpEC:t38UDPRedundancy
a=T38FaxRateManagement:transferredTCF

Not sure if it's a non-standard SDP, but that's what I get. Now when
t38_passthru=true, it only forwards the "image" part to the other leg.
When t38_passthru=false, it only forwards the "audio" part.

Is there a way to make t38_passthru forward the audio part as well? Or
should I just change to a better provider?

Thanks,
François.