[Freeswitch-users] directory variables not set on user channels when bridge does not succeed

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Aug 28 18:53:33 MSD 2012

If the bridge to the user is not successful then the channel variables
aren't set. If you need these variables no matter what then you can
probably use this:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_set_user

Call that as soon as you know which user you're going to bridge to and it
should slurp in all the channel variables for that user even if the bridge
is not successful.

-MC

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Babak Yakhchali <babak.freeswitch at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi
> To add some features to fs, I need to set some variables in xml directory
> user as:
> <include>
>   <user id="1000">
>     <params>
>     <variables>
>   <variable name="profile_id" value="10"/>
>   <variable name="dn_id" value="25"/>
>   <variable name="call_timeout" value="7"/>
>     </variables>
>   </user>
> </include>
> as documentation says these variables are set on every inbound or outbound
> channel for this user. when I try to call to user/1000 if call succeeds
> everything is ok but if call ends with results like no_answer, in xml_cdr
> that is sent to my cdr logger url, there is no sign of any variables set in
> directory as above. is this normal? because if I set these on bleg
> (user/1000) using export they appear in xml cdr.
> thanx

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Michael S Collins
Twitter: @mercutioviz