[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH and ISDN

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Aug 23 20:04:11 MSD 2012

Nowadays the whole Digium vs. Sangoma thing has boiled down to preference
more than anything else. They are both pretty reliable (I've used both) so
I wouldn't use that metric as a tie-breaker. If money is the ultimate
deciding factor then a Digium clone is probably the cheapest. However, if
you want to support the company who has supported the FreeSWITCH community
the most then it's hands down Sangoma. Also, we know all the Sangoma guys
personally (Hi Moy!) and they have produced the bulk of mod_freetdm. Buying
Sangoma is a great way to support FreeSWITCH.

Just my opinion, but I hope it's good food for thought.
-MC

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM, Tor Petterson <tpe at actimizer.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a FreeSWITCH installation, doing outbound telephony, with a
> peak load of about 500 to 600 concurrent channels.
> Now I have to do a similar setup in a market where SIP telephony is
> not available, so it has to be ISDN.
> I am looking at buying either Digium or Sangoma cards. Does anyone
> have any experiences about reliability of these cards?
> How does the cpu load per channel compare to SIP telephony?
>
> --
> Tor Petterson
>
> tpe at actimizer.com
>
> Tobaksvejen 25, 2. tv. - 2860 Søborg