[Freeswitch-users] Voice broadcasting

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Aug 23 19:51:22 MSD 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 5:37 AM, David J <david at styleflare.com> wrote:

> Brian.
>
> I will agree with you only if ICT dialer is a commercial product.
>
> Otherwise to mention it on list should be OK as long as its free switch
> related.

We are pretty tolerant of people mentioning their FreeSWITCH-based
commercial products. However, we don't want the list to turn into a
marketing free-for-all. If you have a commercial product that you think
would meet the OP's needs then it's okay to mention it. The caveat is that
you really must also list any [FL]OSS options as well, even if those free
options are less complete than your own commercial solution.

Here's an example:

Q: "What's the best GUI for FreeSWITCH?"

A: "IMHO, the best GUI is the CudaTel. More info available at
www.cudatel.com. If you are looking for an OSS alternative you can check
out Blue.Box (2600hz.org) or FusionPBX (fusionpbx.com) and try those out.
I've also heard of FreePyBX (freepybx.org) but I know very little about
that one."

If you keep it balanced, reasonable, and non-spammy then you'll be fine. :)

-MC