[Freeswitch-users] Shared Call Appearance and Transferring Calls on Cisco SPA504G

Colin Mason cmason at frontiernetworks.ca
Thu Aug 23 18:33:06 MSD 2012

So I have been experimenting with a key system for an office with 3 Cisco SPA504G phones and FreeSWITCH 1.2.1. They require 3 shared lines. I have inbound and outbound calls working properly with the shared lines and the phones are configured properly with shared lines, Broadcom etc. Visually everything seems to work with the line notifications on the 3 phones.

My internal profile has:

    <param name="manage-shared-appearance" value="true"/>
    <param name="manage-presence" value="true"/>
    <param name="dbname" value="share_presence"/>
    <param name="presence-hosts" value="$${domain}"/>
    <param name="multiple-registrations" value="true"/>
    <param name="force-register-domain" value="$${domain}"/>
    <param name="force-subscription-domain" value="$${domain}"/>
    <param name="force-register-db-domain" value="$${domain}"/>
    <param name="presence-probe-on-register" value="true"/>
    <param name="presence-privacy" value="$${presence_privacy}"/>
    <param name="send-presence-on-register" value="true"/>

I am having problems with transferring calls. If I put a call on hold on phone 1 and press the line 1 button on phone 1, the call resumes just fine. But if I put a call on hold on phone 1 and try to resume the call on phone 2 by pressing the blinking red line 1 button, the phone tries to establish a new call to the user associated with line 1 instead of taking (transferring) the call from phone 1 to phone 2.

I was wondering if anybody could help?

Colin Mason