[Freeswitch-users] FSClient Windows Softphone 1.2 Release

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 09:21:58 MSD 2012

Some fairly large changes in this release.
Please see the UPNP Nat comment at the end of this if you are using FS
and are going through NAT. In addition if you are using any 3rd party
or self developed plugins see the note at the end.  I will briefly
talk about it on todays conference call also.

*) N-Way calling with conference support (mute/deaf/kick/split/energy
& volume level control on a per caller basis)
*) 3 Panel configurable layout, you can now collapse the call or accounts panel
*) Direct SIP: dialing, you can now dial into the conference for
example without having to use an actual server
*) Theme support choose from one of 4 themes for the dialer (Default
theme changed to Steel from former Royal Blue so make sure to change
back if you prefer the original look!)
*) Major startup time improvements, from 30+ seconds to under 5
*) Caller ID sending fix
*) Call auto answer support
*) Includes new portaudio fix that would cause your ring device to
sometimes ring while you were in a call
*) Account status and currently default account now shown on dialpad panel also.
*) Transfer Aliases, you can now right click on the XFER button and
select who to transfer to (right click on it prior to  being in a call
to add aliases).  This relies on the contact plugin to support storing
them, if you have a plugin based on SimpleContactPluginBase you must
atleast add stubs for the few new XFER functions.
*) Based on the recently minted FreeSWITCH 1.2 :)

Screenshots and details on the new options can be found at:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FSClient

Thanks also João for the nice comment on the last release! Sorry I
missed it I posted the last update right before i left on a trip for
several days.

The speed improvements on startup are in part due to the removal of
the UPNP nat check on startup,  I do not believe most people rely on
upnp however if you do find with it disabled (its in options now) your
FSClient doesn't work please let me know!   All plugins must now meet
the file naming convention in order to be loaded.  This means they
must end in HeadsetPlugin.dll or ContactPlugin.dll or else FSClient
will no longer try to load them.  This is to reduce load times and
prevent excess code from getting loaded into the executable.

~Mitch