[Freeswitch-users] sip profile - accept-blind-auth vs

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 21:57:26 MSD 2012

Hello,

in the past I used to set:

<param name="auth-calls" value="false"/>

in the sip profile in order to skip user authentication for calls.

Lately I started to play a bit with 1.2 stable branch and seems that
setting auth-calls to false is no longer doing what I expected, calls
being challenged for user authentication.

Setting instead the accept-blind-auth to false got me what I wanted, like:

     <!-- accept any authentication without actually checking (not a
good feature for most people) -->
     <param name="accept-blind-auth" value="true"/>

But from the comment (checked the wiki as well, but has the same text)
is a bit unclear what is the real purpose for it.

Isn't auth-calls=false supposed to accept calls without user
authentication anymore?

For this particular case, I play some announcements, like 'user not
available', and should work also for calls coming from outside. The
access is restricted by IP address ACL, allowing SIP traffic only from
my Kamailio instance.

Cheers,
Daniel

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat