[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Aug 20 21:56:21 MSD 2012

FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes is back after a brief hiatus.

In case you hadn't heard: FreeSWITCH 1.2 is out!<http://freeswitch.org/node/410>
 In fact, Anthony and Ken are working on a 1.2.2 release. Stay tuned for an
announcement. On last week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_08_15>
 we discussed some of the git commands you may need to run in order to get
yourself moved up to the 1.2stable
branch<http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/changelog/~br=v1.2.stable/freeswitch.git>.
Join us this Wednesday<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_08_22>
 and we'll do a quick follow up for those who may still have questions. We
hope to have some other announcements as well.

In post-ClueCon news we'd like to let everyone know that
Vestec<http://vestec.com/>
 is finalizing the arrangements for the great ASR (automated speech
recognition) app-building contest. This is a great opportunity to get some
cash and free speech recognition licenses in return for investing some time
and effort into learning the Vestec system and building an application to
show off to the world. It's also a great way to help promote FreeSWITCH
among larger enterprises who may not realize that professional-grade ASR is
available. We will discuss this further on Wednesday's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2012_08_22>
.

Lastly we'd like to let everyone know that the ClueCon videos will be made
available in the coming weeks and months. Please give us some time to do a
little editing before we release them all. It will be worth the wait!

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team