[Freeswitch-users] Detecting payphone

Phil Kim phil.kim at valiant.com
Wed Aug 15 01:19:02 MSD 2012

Hi all,

Question might sounds odd but is there any way to detect if a call is
coming from a 'payphone'?

We have an IVR system which people call in to check in/out of there
work. Some calls are coming from a 'payphone'.

Problem is our carrier is charging us a huge 'surcharge' on those calls
maid from 'payphone'. We would like to block those calls but not sure
how to detect them.

Is there any flag on SIP messages?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Phil H. Kim

Software Engineer

VALIANT Workforce Solutions

phil.kim at valiant.com

www.valiant.com <http://www.valiant.com/>

516-224-1908

The information contained in this e-mail message, and any attachment
thereto, is the property of Valiant and is confidential and may not be
disclosed without our express permission. If you are not the intended
recipient or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this
message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this message, or any attachment thereto, in whole or in part, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify us by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the message and all of its
attachments.

Thank you.

Every effort is made to keep our network free from viruses. You should,
however, review this e-mail message, as well as any attachment thereto,
for viruses. We take no responsibility and have no liability for any
computer virus which may be transferred via this e-mail message.