[Freeswitch-users] DTMF detection giving problems

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 08:55:50 MSD 2012

Hello All,

I've a small lua script which is just an IVR. Calls are landing on Asterisk
and then they are relayed over to FS. The problem is that the IVR don't
always detects what user pressed. What I've observed is that the DTMF
threshold is very high and some people just press slowly/quickly and the
tone duration gets low and FS don't detect anything.

I've rfc2833 set for the sip trunk between asterisk and freeswitch. I've
also liberal-dtmf set in my sofia external.xml profile file which somewhat
got me better results but still DTMFs miss sometimes.

Please note that the asterisk on which the calls are landing have never
faced this issue before. Asterisk has PRI from which it receives the calls
and then relay to desired FS server.

Regards.
Sammy