[Freeswitch-users] Building Skype Issues

Mitch Capper mitch.capper at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 02:41:34 MSD 2012

Skype does not allow 3rd party apps to do what giovanni has so
amazingly been able to get working quite smoothly with skypopen so
most of us don't consider the requirements too harsh.  You should not
be running a production PBX on a server running a desktop and that
also does audio playback.   The best solution is a standalone server a
virtual server may work but running audio through virtual servers is
not always the best experience.   In addition the host OS is still
running as a desktop which is not good to start.  Desktops and audio
playback are meant to be user preempted and ultra responsive where as
on a server you want to make sure everything has a fair time slice.

To answer the question feel free to try and hack around the
requirements for skyopen but they are stated (twice) by the author so
if you run into audio gliches or other problems beware that getting
support in less than likely in an unsupported environment.

~mitch