[Freeswitch-users] Early media: Sending 180 instead of 183?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:58:19 MSD 2012

we are doing a lot with ISDN-connections, while ISDN in germany seems
to be very different from the ISDN in the usa.

our carriers asked us to only send a 180 instead of the 183 because,
as i wrote above, 183 messages are not mapped reliable to ISUP as
written in the specification ITU-T Rec. Q.1912.5.
the a-leg sends an IAM or INVITE, but does not receive an answer -
this can differ from a-leg to a-leg.

we know, that this problem is quite special, but we have the same
problems with different carriers.