[Freeswitch-users] Anyine have Bria iOS tipes for FreeSwitch?

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Fri Aug 3 20:30:56 MSD 2012

Thanks for asking, and hope anyone can shed light on the issues, been working for about , bottom line is calls don't get answered and they say FS is either sending cancel or bye, but why when all the other extensions keep ringing and I can answer the call using them. I am also trying to get the bridge command to isolate what is sent to Bria to make sure variables are not causing issues but since I am using call_group(s) that is not possible and enterprise won't work. It's a pain because these are intermittent problems (except for #5) so it's impossible to isolate so far:

PROBLEM 1: This is not a consistent issue, I opened the cover and did nothing else and the call ended. The other phones kept ringing so I could answer. I am having a lot of Bria problems even after deleting the App and starting all over again.
Counterpath: This time, we got a "Cancel" instead of a "BYE" from the other end. This is consistent with the far end ending the call before the iPad answers. Bria definitely gets the "hangup" signal. I'd recommend checking the server logs. I can't speculate as to why the server sends the BYE.

PROBLEM 2: An incoming call rang the iPad, But when I touched the notification Bria stopped ringing and ended the call without answering it (the PBX still ringing other phones so Bria never picked up).  I have been having issues with not being able to answer like this and would appreciate if that can be looked at in the trace.
Counterpath: The first call was ended by the remote party. As soon as we sent the 200 OK to answer, the server sends an ACK (to acknowledge receipt of the 200), then it sends a BYE to hang up. Bria hangs up accordingly.

PROBLEM 3: This is not a consistent issue, it normally works fine almost all the time. I was using Safari on the New iPad when a call came in to the system, there was no notification on Bria and no ringing on Bria so I could not answer. When I looked at the PBX log I found Bria sent BUSY but I was not on a call. Bria was an active app but not set to run in the background. Problem occurred on the New iPad, OK on iPad 2 but don't know if difference has anything to do with it.

PROBLEM 4: Intermittently, when we make an outbound outside call, there is no sound, no ringing, etc. but the call is made. Retrying the call will stay this way until Bria is stopped and restarted then the same call works. This is an intermittent problem but happens about 20 percent of the time. I do not think this is a NATting issue since there is no NAT involved in the local network. This problem does not occur with other devices, only Bria.

5. Bria only rings for 25 seconds if the cover is closed or not Bria not being displayed: After many traces Counterpath points the finger at Apple, says the notification has limits on how long it can ring. This one is not a FS problem, added in case someone else has the same issue.

BRIA: Version 2.1.2 build 12566

DEVICE: iPad 3, Bria using TCP, with background OFF.

ENVIRONMENT:  iPad on an internal network connected to a FreeSwitch PBX running on a Mac Mini, there is NO NATing involved since the router handles it.

What I tried:
Global IP Wifi ON/OFF- currently OFF.

SETTINGS:
Notification for Bria is On, Badge app icon, sounds, view in lock screen

BRIA Prefererences: Run in background off, all other ON except forward calls

Advanced settings: VPN off, VAD off, NR TX ON, NR RX OFF, QOS ON, RTP Port 4000, Codecs defaulted, Verify TLS OFF (not using TLS), Sip Misc both ON

Account: Enabled, Display as caller ID, username 110, PWD, Domain, VM number 4001,

Account Advanced: Account additional defauls, Send DTMF RFC2833, Network Traversal both OFF, Call dialing OFF, Transport/Sec TCP/NEVER, Incoming calls ON, refresh interval 900, Keep alive 30, Single register OFF, Passive time OFF, Connection reuse OFF, Enable IMS OFF