[Freeswitch-users] Early media: Sending 180 instead of 183?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:32:44 MSD 2012

hi,

we are doing a lot with early media for playing soundfiles/messages to
the caller without charging the caller, while they have to wait.

we are doing a "pre answer" -> fs sends a 183 message -> we start a
playback -> fs lets flow the media.

the problem is, that it happens sometimes, that the caller can not
hear anything. the problem might be, that in germany the specification
ITU-T Rec. Q.1912.5 does not necessarily map the 183 message to ISUP.

in germany it seems to be the best way, to start a playback with a 180
message instead of a 183 message.

is it possible to make fs sending a 180 message without making a
bridge (because we do not always want to connect to another target)?

thanks and kind regards
dennis