[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch Error: "username param is REQUIRED!"

A E G all.eforums at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 02:58:33 MSD 2012

I don't see anywhere where this " alcazarnetworks-outbound " gateway is
even being loaded. Nor do I see where FS would figure out how to reach this
alcaz-outbound realm. Are these being looked up from DNS? If not, then how
do you propose sofia finds the IP to contact this gateway on? I think with
the bridge command you might have to still tell it the IP. If you tell it
the IP, then why is the definition of the gateway needed if you're not
registering.

Haha sorry I'm not all that of an expert at FS either so maybe someone more
knowledgeable can respond to this and help us both.

I think what you need to run, as mentioned previously is

fs at internal>sofia profile external gwlist up <-- this should show you the
gateways that are loaded and ready (I think)

if you don't see your  alcazarnetworks-outbound  gateway there, try running

fs at internal>sofia profile external rescan reloadxml <-- this should rescan
your gateways in the directory and you should see alcazarnetworks-outbound
load up OR it should give you some error as to why it can't load it up.
Also, don't forget to include the </gateway> in the config file. I'm
surprised that this doesn't show up as an error in the console when you
load it up.

HTH
aeg