[Freeswitch-users] BLF in Multi-tenant config

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Fri Apr 27 20:06:15 MSD 2012

Hi Rick,

Freeswitch has no problem with this at all, but finding a phone that can
do it may be the issue.

You would need to find a phone that can configure BLFs using a specified
SIP domain, not just the SIP username.

For example, on an Aastra phone (it's what I know), you configure the
SIP domain that is associated with a given registration.  When you
create BLF keys, you only specify the username - the domain that is
subscribed to is whatever the domain is for that registration.

Somehow, you need to map a button and corresponding subscription to each
receptionist phone at their respective domain, and this may not be easy.

Off the top of my head, I don't know which phones can do this.  Polycom
might be able to do it, as they seem to be better at making the full SIP
URI accessible to the user.  I know it's possible to dial a SIP URI
directly on a Polycom, whereas Aastra phones have to have it in the
speed dial list.

Last I checked, there was some sort of option to only let people
subscribe to their own domain, but I think it is off by default.

Another thing you will need to check, is the "force-subsription-domain"
and "force-subscription-db-domain" (sic) in your SIP profile to make
sure that the domain you subscribe to is what is actually used in the
subscription.

-Tim