[Freeswitch-users] Bypass Media not work

Cucu Florian koralu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:19:12 MSD 2012

Hello,

I tried to test the behavior of "bypass media" in FS with the following
scenario: Xlite(ext.1000) -> FS <- Xlite(ext:1001)

On each Xlite I set one single codec (that is currently unsupported by FS)
as it said in wiki page: *"This is useful if you have two end-points that
need to use a codec that is currently not supported in FreeSWITCH "*

As the FS tutorial said *"Before executing the bridge action you must set
the "bypass_media" flag to true. "* so I put the following line in my dial
plan.

<extension name="extension-intercom">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="1001">
       * <action application="set" data="bypass_media=true"/>*
        <action application="bridge" data="user/1001"/>
    </condition>
</extension>

<extension name="extension-intercom">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="1000">
        *<action application="set" data="bypass_media=true"/>*
        <action application="bridge" data="user/1000"/>
    </condition>
</extension>

When I put in Xlite also G711ulaw/alaw as codecs preference the calls was
ok. But when I put only codecs that FS do not support(ex.
iLBC,BroadVoice32) the call failed. What am I missing?

I made this scenario because I need to route via FS some calls with G729r8
codec and I need no codec negotiation.

Ty