[Freeswitch-users] Incoming fax stopped working when removing mod_fax...

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:40:38 MSD 2012

Hi,

  I am trying to upgrade from a half year olf FS version to the latest one
and face some problems with fax. The fax arrives from the PSTN through an
Audiocodes MSBG-1,000 gateway.

With the old version, when I have mod_fax loaded, FS detects that this is a
fax call, sends a re-INVITE to the MSBG and enters T.38 mode; this works ok.
With the old version, when mod_fax is *unloaded*, FS enters T.38 mode *without
*sending re-INVITE, thus the fax fails.

The latest FS version (where mod_fax is not available anymore) works as the
second situation above and fax fails. I guess I am missing something in the
configs, but I can't find what...

I have in my dialplan:

     <action application="set" data="fax_enable_t38_request=true"/>
      <action application="set" data="fax_enable_t38=true"/>
and I've also tried to add:
    <action application="set" data="execute_on_answer_6=t38_gateway self"/>
but nothing helps. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

                              Thanks! __Yehavi: