[Freeswitch-users] Speex file format

Bernard Fluixa fluixab at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 19 19:38:31 MSD 2012

Hello,

I cannot play ".spx" (speex) file in commands such as originate… &playback(file.spx). I double-checked that mod_speex is loaded OK. Freeswitch returns

2012-04-19 11:35:40.532068 [ERR] switch_core_file.c:122 Invalid file format [spx] for [test.spx]!

I converted file to wav format and could play it (speexdec test.spx test.wav) with playback command. I probably missed a point here but I would like to know how I can play speex files without having to convert them to wav first.

Anyone?

Thank you

Bernard