[Freeswitch-users] Faxing via FreeSWITCH documentation

Timothy Bolton ifoundthetao at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 22:09:04 MSD 2012

You've raised some good questions, and good points.

This model does have an RJ-11, and I believe you are correct.  I don't
have an ATA yet, but I'll get the ATA model that you have (Grandstream
HT286 ATA).

1 - I'll do a dedicated fax number
1.1 - Each fax machine will have its own number
2 -  As it stands, I'm going to be running this over VoIP

As far as faxing via FS w/o the machine goes, I wasn't really aware of
that.  I think I knew it, but it didn't click.  After I get the ATA
setup working, I think I'll set up another version where FS is handling
it w/o a machine.  That way I'll have both types of experience under my
belt.

Actually, as I think about it more.. it probably makes more sense to set
up the environment where the machine isn't present first (as I don't
have the ATA on hand now)...

Thanks!

'We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.'
Quarry Worker's Creed